Clip to Customize Your Curriculum: An Introduction to AccessMedicine’s Custom Curriculum for Faculty, Rotation Directors, and other staff
Goal – Introduce class participants to how AccessMedicine’s Custom Curriculum works.
1. Participants will create one curriculum module
2. Participants will Clip one resource from AccessMedicine to put in the curriculum module
3. Participants will create a test in the curriculum module
4. Participants will add one selected website or journal citation url to the curriculum module.
The LSU Health Shreveport Health Sciences Library has expanded the offerings of AccessMedicine and AccessSurgery to include the unlimited access to the versatile Custom Curriculum. Custom Curriculum uses Clip which allows materials from AccessMedicine or AccessSurgery such as textbook sections or chapters, videos, audios and/or tests to be easily incorporated into an online curriculum module within either database. In addition, faculty can include PowerPoint resources, journal article links and references to other websites as needed. The link to the Custom Curriculum module can easily be posted in Moodle.
If you would like to learn more in a short 45 minute presentation, please do the following:
1. Go to AccessMedicine http://www.accessmedicine.com/ while on campus or at home on the VPN.
2. Click on the gray button in the upper right corner that says “LA State U Med Ctr Libr”.
3. From the dropdown menu choose, Login or Create a Free Personal Account.
4. Create a Free Personal Account.
5. Email the username you used to create your account to Julia Esparza firstname.lastname@example.org. Ms. Esparza will have the account changed from a default student account to an Instructor account.
6. Register for a class session at http://tinyurl.com/lsuhsc-s-customcurriculum
7. Bring your login and password to the interactive training session. You MUST have previously created an account and emailed the username to Ms. Esparza at least one day in advance, in order to actively use the account during training.
Additional sessions may be held for departments. Contact Ms. Esparza to schedule a specific date and time.