Resources for Employees Pursuing Education (REPE)
Next Classes: All classes are from Noon – 1 pm in the Health Sciences Library. Feel free to bring your lunch.
Friday, January 23, 2015 - Room 1-419 - Small Computer Laboratory
Friday, May 8, 2015 - Room 1-419 - Small Computer Laboratory
To schedule a special session contact the instructor.
Target Audience: Any students, staff or faculty. It is geared towards those attending school or those who would like an update.
Description: Are you headed back to school for a master’s, bachelor’s or some other degree? The LSU Health Shreveport (LSUHS) Library is offering a class for LSUHS employees pursuing educational opportunities. Bring your lunch and learn about Library services and resources that are available for free to you, just for working at LSUHS.
- Introduce employees to resources available from the Library.
- Discuss the electronic resources available through the Library Home Page.
Introduction to the Library - David Duggar, MLIS, AHIP
- Library Website.
- Locations such as restrooms, journals, History of Medicine, study rooms.
- How to check out books and study room keys.
- Library Catalog.
- Proctoring for tests.
- Writing Consultants Service.
- Ask A Librarian.
Introduction to Electronic Resources - Julia M. Esparza, MLS, AHIP
- Demonstrate VPN access.
- E-Journals list.
- Databases (customize to highlight databases of programs participants are pursuing).
Instructors: Julia M. Esparza, MLS, AHIP (5-4179), David Duggar, MLIS, AHIP and other librarian mentors.