Introduction to EBSCO Databases (Limited to 20 people)
Next Class: TBA
Location: Library, 1-419 Computer Laboratory.
To schedule a special session contact the instructor.
Target Audience: Any students, staff or faculty. It is geared towards those attending school or those who would like an update.
Description: Introduction to the databases available in the EBSCO interface: Academic Search Complete, Agricola, Alt HealthWatch, Biological Abstracts, Business Source Complete, CINAHL Plus with Full Text, Environment Index, ERIC, Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition, Mental Measurements Yearbook, Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection, PsycINFO, Science & Technology Collection,
SocINDEX with Full Text, and many more.
- Introduce participants to the databases available through the EBSCO interface.
- Participants will learn to keyword search in the EBSCO interface.
- Participants will learn to display citations and how to identify articles which LSU Health Shreveport have available.
- Participants will learn how to place citations in a folder.
- Participants will learn how to print, save, or email citations from a folder.
Instructors: Julia M. Esparza, MLS, AHIP (5-4179), David Duggar, MLIS, AHIP and other librarian mentors