My NCBI: Tools for Saving Searches, Sharing Information and Receiving Alerts (Limited to 12 people)
(Companion Course to PubMed: The Basics and MeSH: Advanced PubMed Searching)
Next Class: TBA
Location: Library, 1-419 Computer Laboratory.
To schedule a special session contact the instructor.
Target Audience: Any students, staff or faculty.
Description: The Library will be offering classes to assist researchers in using the advanced features of PubMed and My NCBI.
- Participants will recognize the advantages of using My NCBI to gain access to timely clinical and research information.
- Participants will create a My NCBI account.
- Participants will practice saving a search, a collection and an alert, as well as sharing a collection and retrieving both a search and a collection.
Participants will learn how to:
- Register for a My NCBI account.
- Apply user preferences.
- Save searches.
- Set up automatic email alerts.
- Create collections of citations.
- Share collections of citations.
Instructors: Julia Esparza, MLS, AHIP (54179) and other librarian mentors.